How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
If you’re looking to buy a 2020 RAM 1500 for your Owasso jobs, then you may be wondering, “How much can a RAM 1500 tow?” The RAM 1500 towing capacity is dependent on its configuration and which features it has. However, a properly equipped RAM 1500 can tow 12,740 pounds. With this amazing towing capacity, the RAM 1500 has one of the best towing capacities in its class*. Learn more about the RAM 1500 towing capacity and towing features with Jim Glover Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT. When you’re ready, contact us to set up a test drive!
RAM 1500 Engines
The 2020 RAM 1500 comes with several engine options. Each has different performance capabilities, meaning there’s a RAM 1500 for every type of job in Tulsa. Each engine is paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. We’ve detailed their specs below:
3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I:
- 305 hp
- 269 lb-ft of torque
- 7,730-pound towing capacity
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine:
- 395 hp
- 410 lb-ft of torque
- 11,610-pound towing capacity
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine:
- 395 hp
- 410 lb-ft of torque
- 12,750-pound towing capacity
3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine:
- 260 hp
- 480 lb-ft of torque,
- 12,560-pound towing capacity
Depending on the RAM 1500 trim, its payload capacity is between 2,100 and 2,300 pounds.
RAM 1500 Towing Features
The 2020 RAM 1500 is innovative in that it doesn’t rely on raw power alone to tow your Broken Arrow loads. The standard and available towing features help make the RAM 1500 one of the best pickup trucks on the market.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This system works with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 get 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: 14.9-inch brakes allow for greater stopping power on Collinsville roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This system allows your RAM to see what you can’t. If another vehicle or an object is in your blind spot, the system will automatically alert you, it accounts for your trailer length as well!
- Multi-Function Tailgate: With a 60/40 split gate, the multi-function tailgate offers more ways to access your RAM 1500 bed and makes loading much easier than on a traditional pickup bed.
Get a 2020 RAM 1500 at Jim Glover Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT!
Ready to get to know the 2020 RAM 1500 in person? Browse our new RAM 1500 inventory at Jim Glover Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT and learn more about its weight and how it compares to the Chevy Silverado 1500. Now that you know how much a RAM 1500 can tow, visit us at Jim Glover Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT to find the perfect RAM 1500 for you!
More from Jim Glover Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram FIAT
It’s no wonder the Jeep Wrangler is a fan favorite. With all the towing power, off-roading capability, tech, and accessories, the Jeep Wrangler has a lot to offer Tulsa drivers. We know you must have a lot of questions. Have you found yourself wondering, “How much does a Jeep Wrangler weigh?” If so, learn what…
The new Chrysler Pacifica is a seven-passenger minivan, but if your family spends a lot of time on the road, you may be wondering, “How much can the Pacifica tow?” No matter which trim level you choose, you’ll be able to tow up to 3,600 pounds. So, when you head out on your adventures around…
While the 2020 Jeep Cherokee is known for its high-powered performance, drivers also rave about the spacious interior and convenient technology this model offers. This SUV is a great option for families in need of more interior space, a safer way to connect, and more technology for an entertaining drive. Learn more about the Cherokee…